On Thursday (two weeks ago) my friend J (Jesus) and I went for a run to one of our favorite parks in Napa, Alston Park. We ran from his house all the way to the park and we noticed our time had improved from previous times. On our way to Alston, I almost ran into a car, incoming traffic and a light pole... if it wasn't for J, I would probably be wearing a neck brace or crutches right now. Never run while distracted, its dangerous and humiliating hahaha. Once at the park we went to a creek they have nearby and we noticed tons of small frogs jumping around everywhere... J was delighted, me, not so much. I picked blackberries from a near by bush while J chased and poked frogs with a stick. I really don't like snakes, lizards, spiders or frogs for that matter, but I decided I would attempt to touch a frog (this is huge, because I usually freak out...) So J and I ventured to find a decent, not-so-gross-looking frog for me to touch. Finally I spotted a "clean" looking frog and I leaned in to touch it with my index finger, the frog jumped and I freaked. With J's help I tried a second time and I finally got the chance to touch it... The frog was dry (thank bob!) and it's skin was bumpy and somewhat rough (I'm getting chills just thinking about it haha).

Blackberries... YUM.
J trying to catch a frog.
The frog I touched... I'm so brave! :) can you see it?
No comments:
Post a Comment