The other day I went for a long run and my mind started to wonder on a few things. One thing that stayed with me -and during the rest of the run- was how we, at some point in our lives, been told "if you want something you should go after it" not to mention "if you are patient things will come". I tried to apply it to real life scenarios so I could grasp each of its meanings. The result -other than a great long workout- was a head full of question and not too many answers.
Sure, one means you should wait and see what happens -waited out. The truth is, if one just waits to "see what happens" nothing is really going to happen. Things, opportunities and people will just pass you by. Am I correct on this? While the other would be to work toward a goal or whatever one desires. This would be an effective method to getting whatever one wants or at least figure out if that is truly what one wants.
Regret seems to come in hand with patients, so does satisfaction. It seems -at least to me- easier to work for something. The satisfaction would be greater wouldn't it? To be able to say how much work one puts into something to later enjoy it and truly appreciated, it speaks volumes. Or is it the other way around? Would one appreciate something more if one was patient?
I suppose it all comes down to a matter of circumstance. What do you think?
Oh man, I think I need some aspirin now.
that's an interesting way to think about it. consider things that we can't work towards and we have to just be patient about.....or what about things that you have to work towards AND be patient about.....or what about things that we can just get without having to wait but just some work......maybe one can appreciate all of them no matter the mix, patience and work both create a some sort of appreciation...hmmmm
ReplyDelete